Tagged some time ago by the prominent
, how could I say no to her?
The RULES of tagging:
1. Post these rules
2. Each person tagged must post 8 random (hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3. Tags should write a blogpost of these facts
4. At the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5. Go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged
Eight snippets about me (in the army):
1. The beard had to go. I had to shave on a daily basis for the past year. Is the beard coming back? Hmmm...
2. For at least half of my army life, my dreams were affected; they were always taking place within an imaginary camp with me always in uniform. Eventually I managed to get out of the camp, but was still in uniform for quite some time, no matter what the dream's scenario was. It still happens, but less frequently.
3. A sentry's daily shift is about seven hours long (usually divided in a 4h and a 3h session). My number one avocation besides keeping the Western Front safe? Brainstorming. Mainly developing old stuff kept dormant on my mind for ages, with the occasional brand new idea popping up. Great place for inspiration, the airforce!
4. Singing in the shower? You should try singing while on sentry-patrol. The hills were alive with the sound of music --literally!
5. With the exception of sleep and smoking I did everything else a sentry is not allowed to do while on guard. Naturally, I drew a lot.
6. Music helped me pull it through. And my mobile must have carried the strangest playlist in all the Greek Forces: Anything from Morrissey to the Carpenters and Rita Mitsuko to Daler Mehndi.
7. Didn't have the time to read as much as I would have liked, but I read a lot considering. Rediscovered Whitman in the progress and used to carry a copy of 'Leaves of Grass' wherever I went. Just five minutes of reading him and my spirits would be lifted.
8. If you haven't gone carbage collecting with the dumpster truck you don't know what you are missing.
Still pretty much involved with my morning intendance in the base, I'll be officially a free citizen in exactly one month. A bit lighter, a lot greyer, only slightly wiser and eager --very eager. Are you ready?
P.S. Seems like all my Devious friends have been tagged ages ago, so you can stop holding your breath, I won't be tagging anyone ...this time.